Untold Stories (English )



Me: Waiting at the doctor, looking around. I was bored reading magazines, and then to my refreshment I saw a handsome dude.
(Thought to myself)  He is so smart & good looking!  Must be a catch among girls!

Shobha: (An elderly woman next to me) says: Hi,  I am Shobha and you? I hope all’s well.

I said:  Hello, Somya here! Yes, I am fine! (I Smiled)

Shobha: Child, life is strange, isn’t it? Wiping the tear in the corner of her eye!

Me: I hope all is well with you? I am sorry to ask but will you be comfortable to share?

Shobha: My son is suffering from OCD. (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). He is not around so that’s why I can even speak!

Child I don’t know what to do. He is so young and he doesn’t leave me at all. He was a champion in sports earlier, won many trophies for the state and country. He was once so chirpy and very happy in life. Life struck him so hard that he lost all hope. Today, its difficult to be able to even leave the house for an hour without him. (Started sobbing excessively)

Me: (feeling all helpless): Aunty I sure do understand what you must be going through. But do you realise, you are all he has now. I do not dispute how much patience you must be holding but if its you who can revive the inner him again. Encourage him, give him a reason to be hopeful. He will get better. I am sure.

(Her son came from the doctor’s cabin and stepped out of the clinic with his mom)

(To my amaze, he was the same guy I was gazing at! He doesn’t even know, what he is worth) (Pity)

PS:- In this World there is nothing black and white, there is nothing right or wrong. Situations make a man and not his own will. But sure, I do say that if there is love, compassion, comfort and care; good hearts will work magic; take it from me, a survivor.)

- By Somya Kedia

Post a Comment

0 Comments